Improve Efficiency with These iPad Covers Built for Note-taking
As you capture ideas and organize your thoughts on your iPad, the last thing you want to worry about is drops, spills, or anything that can interrupt your creative flow.
But choosing an iPad case for note-taking requires special considerations.
After all, you have to find a case that's a perfect balance of durability, style, and convenience without compromising your ability to switch from writing to drawing to annotating with ease.
Luckily, we've done all the hard work and compiled a list of our top five cases that do just that.
Editor's Note: This blog has been updated since its original release.
Jump to Section
What are the Best iPad Cases for Note-Taking?
Criteria For Selecting the Best iPad Cases for Note-Taking
Before choosing an iPad case for note-taking, it is critical to consider how it will impact your device's performance and affect your workflow.
Whether you're looking for protection, comfort, or a bit of both, here's how to choose the perfect iPad case.
Your device will be exposed to everyday wear and tear, so it's crucial to choose an iPad case that can take a beating. Ask yourself the following questions:
Is the material durable enough to resist scratches or dings?
Has the case been drop-tested or drop-rated?
What other features protect your device, such as a screen protector, reinforced corners, dual-layer construction, etc.?
Functionality & Ease of Use
Achieving seamless note-taking requires the perfect combination of functionality and convenience. A perfect case should have the following features:
Complete protection while still allowing access to buttons, ports, and other functions.
A built-in stand feature for hands-free use.
Special features that enhance convenience, such as additional storage, adjustable viewing angles, etc.
The iPad case you choose for note-taking should also be compatible with your device and any accessories you want to use with the device.
For instance, do you prefer typing when taking notes? You need to choose a case that is compatible with a keyboard. If you like writing, you want a case compatible with an Apple Pencil or stylus.
Best for Book Lovers
Traditional Two Tone iPad Case | $54.95
For the book lover turned note-taker, the Traditional Two Tone iPad case offers an unparalleled elegance and timelessness.
It's a lovely way to bring the feel of a classic book to the digital age, offering a sense of nostalgia and sophistication in a sea of standard tech accessories. Plus, it's a great way to hide your device in plain sight!
Made of premium materials, it can withstand regular use, accidental drops, and wear and tear. And its design allows for a comfortable typing angle, simulating the experience of writing in a traditional notebook.
And if that wasn't enough, each case has a designated place to store your Apple Pencil, so your device is always within reach.
- Artisanal Craftsmanship: The case is not just another mass-produced accessory—It's a work of art, handcrafted by artisans using traditional bookbinding techniques, infusing a touch of old-world charm and superior quality into your modern-day device.
- Smart Cover Functionality: Each case is equipped with magnets in the cover that supports your device's auto sleep/wake function.
- Customizable Viewing Angle: With its adjustable design, this case lets you find the optimal viewing position for any task, be it reading, drawing, or watching your favorite show.
- High-Quality Materials: The case is crafted from library-grade buckram that provide robust protection for your iPad.
- The handcrafted nature of the case ensures high quality and attention to detail.
- It offers complete protection from scratches, impacts, and normal wear and tear.
- The foldable cover lets you find the most comfortable angle for any task.
- It has an aesthetically pleasing design that turns your iPad into something else.
- The elastic pencil loop may wear over time.
- Since each case is handmade, it may take 2-3 days to ship.
Best for a Pop of Flair
Two Tone Plaid iPad Case | $69.95
NOV 1, 2023!
The Two Tone Plaid iPad case is not just another iPad cover—it's a mix of top-notch protection, fun style, and practicality all rolled into one. Who says tech protection can't be fashion-forward, right?
But this case isn't just about looking good. It's a sturdy, book-like cover that can handle the daily hustle and bustle and accidental drops. Plus, its versatile cover lets you find the perfect angle for watching videos, composing emails, and comfy typing and note-taking.
And if that wasn't enough it's got a built-in Apple Pencil holder that lets you keep your device ready when you need it.
This case brings a whole new meaning to combining work and play in the most stylish way possible.
- Durable Materials: Every case is made from library-grade book cloth that's designed to withstand heavy use, so you know the case is built to last.
- Versatile Viewing Modes: The case can be adjusted for various usage modes: flat, upright, or angled for typing and note-taking—making it not only handy, but also user-friendly.
- Precise Cutouts: The case is carefully designed to give you unobstructed access to all ports, buttons, and the camera, allowing for hassle-free use of all your iPad's features.
- Built-in Apple Pencil Loop: The case includes a built-in holder for your Apple Pencil or another stylus, ensuring that your note-taking tools are always within easy reach.
- Each case is handmade by US artisans who specialize in blending old-world techniques with modern technology.
- The case's unique design is sure to grab attention.
- It is available in four different colors: blue, yellow, red, and green.
- Between its durable materials and construction, this case is designed to protect your device from everyday use.
- Since it offers complete protection for your device, it adds more bulk than ultra-slim cases.
- Even though it has a unique design, it might not appeal to every style.
Best for Luxurious Comfort
Noblessa Leather iPad Case | $174.99
Discover the perfect blend of luxury and effortless note-taking with the Noblessa Leather iPad Case.
Crafted from the finest quality leather to ensure durability and long-term use: this stylish case features a soft suede interior and water-resistant leather exterior.
The 360° foldable cover provides multiple viewing angles and allows you to prop up the case to adjust it to the most comfortable angle.
Whether you're sitting up or lying down, this case is ideal for any type of note-taking.
Plus, the Noblessa iPad case comes equipped with Smart Cover technology, and it's compatible with the Apple Pencil, allowing you to quickly jot down your thoughts.
- Premium Leather: Noblessa leather is renowned for its superior qualities, from the unique embossed grain print that gives it a velvety texture to its impressive durability and unrivaled water resistance.
- Apple Pencil Loop: With a built-in strap, you'll always have your pencil on you, making it easy to take notes.
- Built-in Stand: This iPad stand is perfect for hands-free use and can be rotated to any angle.
- Durable Construction: This case combines time-tested bookbinding techniques with a multi-layer design to protect your devices.
Best for Convenient Typing
Best for the Minimalist
Classic Black iPad Case | $69.95
Handcrafted by skilled artisans with over 20 years of experience, this case is constructed using time-tested bookbinding techniques that ensure years of durability.
It features a smart cover with magnets that activate the sleep/wake function, letting you use your iPad more efficiently.
And for note-takers who prefer to write, this iPad case has a stylus holder, so your pencil is always within reach when inspiration strikes. Love simplicity and functionality? You can't go wrong with this case.
Artisan-Crafted: Carefully curated materials and meticulous attention to detail make these cases truly unique.
Foldable Front Cover: Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of a 360° foldable front cover, allowing you to adjust your iPad's position any way that best suits your note-taking needs.
Apple Pencil Compatible: When you’re not using your tool for note-taking, you can conveniently store your 2nd gen Apple Pencil and take advantage of its wireless charging feature.
Timeless Design: Its elegant design is enhanced with superior materials, ensuring long-lasting quality and luxurious protection for your device.
Best for Rugged Use
Otterbox Defender Series Pro iPad Case | $129.95
There is no doubt that the Otterbox Defender Series is one of the most well-known rugged cases on the market, and it's a perfect choice for those who are accident-prone or always on the go.
These cases contain military-grade protection against scratches, drops, and other damage, meaning you can take notes in even the roughest environment.
It features a hard polycarbonate exterior, port covers, raised edges, Apple Pencil compatibility, and antimicrobial technology.
Plus, its screen cover doubles as an adjustable stand that provides you with multiple viewing angles to help you take notes with ease.
2x Drop Protection: DROP+ technology provides twice the protection from drops as required by military standards.
Shield Stand: The shield stand provides extra stability for hands-free use so that you can focus on your notes.
- Integrated Port and Button Covers: The buttons and ports are covered to keep your device clean and free of dirt and dust.
Best for Tight Budgets
ProCase Transparent iPad Case | $12.99
Whether taking notes in class or jotting down a quick note for work, the ProCase Transparent iPad case is the perfect accessory for any budget-conscious user.
This case has everything you need to conveniently take notes, including a built-in pencil holder and precise cutouts for all the ports and buttons you need to access.
It also protects against accidental drops and bumps, so you can focus on putting down your ideas.
Dual-Layer Protection: Protect your iPad from accidental damage with the flexible TPU frame bumper and soft microfiber interior.
Tri-fold Front Cover: The cover can be positioned in two different positions to comfortably fit your typing and viewing needs.
- Auto Sleep/Wake Feature: The iPad will automatically go to sleep when you close your lid and wake it when you open it again, which is great for energy conservation.
Take Notes on Your Device in Style with DODOCase
Even though we gave you the top five, sometimes you need one more suggestion to find the perfect case. If none of these cases spoke to you, don’t worry! There are a whole lot more options to choose from at DODOcase.
We offer a wide selection of styles and sizes to choose from—even older generations.
From the iPad mini to the latest iPad Pro versions, each case is handcrafted using ancient bookbinding techniques combined with cutting-edge technology, giving you a one-of-a-kind product that’s built to last.
Check out our unique selection of cases and find something you love.